This site uses technical, analytics and third-party cookies.
By continuing to browse, you accept the use of cookies.

Preferences cookies

Pre-enrollments and student visas




We inform all students that pre-enrollment is open for Italian universities for the academic year 2023-2024. Interested foreign students must register on the portal and follow the instructions.

Once the pre-enrollment confirmation is received through the portal, the student can apply for a study visa at the Embassy. All information is available in point 2 of this page.

For further information and assistance, students can contact the Uni-Italy office in Vietnam at the address: or the number (0084) 2438240579 (, and the Cultural Office of the Embassy at: or the number (0084) 24 38256256 int. 116.



For the purpose of applying for a study visa for Italy (which costs €50, to be paid in cash in VND at the valid exchange rate at the time of the request), the following documentation must be submitted in a single solution:

The documentation must be submitted to the Embassy at least 15 days before departure. Any urgent situations will be appropriately justified, and the Embassy reserves the right to evaluate them;

  1. Visa application form D;
  2. Original passport and photocopy (note that the passport must be valid for at least 3 months beyond the visa duration);
  3. Two photographs;
  4. Copy of the pre-enrollment receipt through the portal, or other documentation in the case of pre-enrollment in post-diploma Technical Specialization Courses organized by Higher Technical Institutes;
  5. Flight reservation and hotel reservation for the first days in Italy;
  6. Medical-health insurance for the first month of stay, with a minimum coverage of €30,000, valid in the Schengen area and covering also for Covid19;
  7. If required by the University, a declaration of the local value (to be requested at the Embassy) of the possessed academic title;
  8. Proof of economic means for the stay in Italy (minimum amount not less than €467.25 per month, equivalent to €6,079.45 annually). These means must be proven through personal or family economic guarantees and cannot be demonstrated through bank guarantees, surety policies, cash, or guarantees provided by third parties. The above amount may be revised in the case of a scholarship actually granted. Simply applying for an Italian government scholarship does not constitute a document of economic coverage.
  9. Availability of the necessary amount for repatriation, also provable with the return ticket;
  10. Availability of suitable accommodation in Italy or a declaration of hospitality (click here for the template);
  11. If required by the University, evidence of adequate knowledge of the Italian language to undertake studies in Italian (at least B2 level);
  12. In the case of enrollment in English-language courses, a specific legalized certification (TOEFL/IELTS) or in the Degree Certificate, it should be indicated that the student graduated in English or the Degree Course was followed in English-speaking countries.


The documentation to be submitted for the visa application, if in Vietnamese, must be translated into Italian or English by an authorized translator.

Documents in Vietnamese for use in Italy (for example, for scholarship applications) must be legalized at the Consular Department of the Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs (40 Tran Phu, Hanoi) and translated into Italian by an authorized translator.

Visa applications can be submitted to the Embassy’s Visa Office in the following ways:

  • Personally by students, by appointment (tel. 024 38 256 256, int. 121);
  • Through UNI-ITALIA (9, Lê Phụng Hiểu, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, tel: +84 24 38240579; email:, a recognized agency by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs that provides paid orientation and assistance services to students who want to attend Italian universities.

For the following categories of courses, the documentation must be submitted by November 30, 2023, unless the educational institutions establish different deadlines due to their autonomy:

  • Bachelor’s degree;
  • Master’s degree (biennial or single cycle);
  • Individual academic courses;
  • Courses of the Higher Education Institutions in Art, Music, and Dance (AFAM);
  • Higher Schools for Linguistic Mediators (SSML)

For University Masters, Ph.D. programs, courses of Schools of specialization, Italian language and culture courses, and preparatory courses for AFAM, the documentation must be submitted by the deadlines established by the educational institution that provides the course.

The visa application must be submitted to the Embassy at least 15 days before the expected departure. Any urgent situations will be adequately justified, and the Embassy reserves the right to evaluate them.

Students can also contact the international mobility offices of Vietnamese universities for information and assistance.